Location: Montreal, Canada
StreamingFast is a cutting-edge technology firm, a core developer on The Graph, revolutionizing the way blockchain data is processed and analyzed. We specialize in integrating Firehose and Substreams (our two flagship products) into all blockchains, enabling users to process entire networks in less than 5 minutes. Our platform empowers users to compose upon other people's indexes and data models, fostering a more open and collaborative space. Launched in 2018 and originally backed by top investors, StreamingFast embarked on a journey towards becoming a fully employee-owned enterprise. This pivotal transformation was made possible through a core developer grant from The Graph in June 2021.
Alongside this work, StreamingFast is the technology power behind Boolean Labs.
Boolean Labs is a forward-thinking web3 and AI venture studio. We specialize in building new tech companies from the ground up in the realms of crypto, web3, and AI, including applications based on Large Language Models (LLMs). By pairing innovative ideas with experienced operators and providing essential capital, we're at the forefront of driving growth and scale in these cutting-edge technologies. Boolean Labs is a collaboration between Diagram Ventures, a $300M venture studio in Montreal, and StreamingFast, a group of web3 builders, investors, and core developers of The Graph protocol. Our unique position at the intersection of blockchain and AI technology sets us apart in creating transformative solutions.
In our quest to innovate, we offer exciting opportunities for talented individuals to make a significant impact in the blockchain and LLM industry. This might sound like buzzwords only, but do reach out to us nonetheless, you'll see we aren't kidding around.
What we value
- Speed of execution through great tooling and proper testing
- Simplicity and cutting the cruft to ship slick solutions, every day
- Voracious learning that does not stop until you've grasped the full stack
- Collision of ideas to produce better ideas
- Team work over our individual success
What you'll do
As a Design Engineer you will have the breadth to design, concept, prototype, and build new experiences for our users. You’ll bring your creativity and expertise to the full range of our products, both existing and completely new. You’ll decide on libraries and design systems to be used, and when appropriate work outside established systems to create new digital moments. You’ll constantly have in-browser performance in mind, and create abstractions that other designers and engineers consume and build upon.
- Lead our team and partners in prototyping and implementing web experiences that are often data heavy.
- Work closely with the engineering team, pairing, mentoring, and continually building a culture of excellence.
- Design and build entire web experiences, including sections of our core apps (end-to-end AI/LLM to human interaction applications, dev portals, products, pricing, documentation).
- Conceptualize and prototype UX components for a variety of new applications, from scratch.
- Balance working within established design systems and creating innovative experiences.
Who you are
We are seeking a candidate who possesses the following qualifications and qualities:
- 5+ years of relevant web front-end development or creative technology experience at a tech-forward, product-driven company.
- Advanced proficiency in modern JS/TypeScript, HTML and CSS.
- Experience writing clear, elegant code in a team environment.
- Passion for web as a medium for storytelling, demonstrated through a portfolio showcasing innovative design systems, interactive microsites, or similar projects.
- Experience in designing and deploying public-facing websites across various platforms and devices.
- Strong grasp of design fundamentals, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion.
- Experience with blockchain technology, AI/ML, data processing platforms, or similar fields is a plus.
- Experience using React or Web Components a plus.
- French proficiency is a plus.
Pay and benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package, details of which will vary based on location and can be discussed during the interview process.
- Benefits may include equity, bonuses, health benefits, and wellness stipends.
Join StreamingFast and be at the forefront of blockchain and AI technologies